The original post (in spanish) is found here
Some time ago we
wrote a post about SOLR and Liferay. In that moment, we
saw quite interesting the idea of using an external server for the
indices when dealing with high availability systems. We checked that
the official version only worked for specific versions of SOLR and
Liferay. There exists an official version of the web plugin for SOLR
1.4 and Liferay 5.2.0 , that fails when used with Liferay
5.2.3 SE. So, we made some minor changes on the web plugin source
for Liferay 5.2.3 SE (Community) and SOLR 1.4.1. Some technical
details are given here:
- Added the constant, public static final String
COMMAND_INDEX_ONLY = «INDEX_ONLY», in the utils class.
It seems that this constant is not included in the interface from
the 5.1 to 5.2 version of the portal. Maybe, some messages are not
available with this command, but anyway the constant is added in
- Added an explicit cast for the method isIndexReadOnly().
- Added a validation if not null in the search method
if(sortField.getFieldName() != null
- Modified the dependencies and the libs for using the new packed
versions of SOLR 1.4.1, and the existing dependencies in the portal.
y en el lib del plugin:
With these minor changes, the portal uses the SOLR server indices
and no errors are logged related to indexing nor searching. It is
important to remark that it is not fully tested. Here is a download
link to the modified version of the web plugin.
Links and discussions related: